Wednesday 17 February 2016

Buckle Up Baby on Board

I have been away from my blog for some time, preoccupied with two of the most incredible achievements of my life. My biggest independent professional project to date and a baby!

I can happily report that we did indeed receive a business loan as a result of our A Star business plan. Although we were not permitted to put this towards a property as planned. We do not yet own an arts centre or a hot tub, but I have a beautiful baby girl and Ruby has a baby boy on the way! We couldn’t be happier.

My pregnancy was discovered in March 2015. I had already moved out of my last home and I was surfing a collection of sofas whilst we awaited news of the business loan, for a very long time. When finally successful I used this to buy a Transit van and I moved into that. I was fortunate enough to score a park up at Yard Arts. A circus performers collective and land custodian in St Pauls in Bristol, with the baby’s father. Our first home together.

Baby on board we set about touring the Marie Celestial. Intergalactic mechanical circus! The tour was incredibly challenging but also a huge achievement and a veritable ski jump of a learning curve. I would like to try to retrospectively fill in some of the gaps in the professional development of Liberty Rocks, still so named so far.

The content of my blog may change a little with the new arrival demanding attention. But I would like to focus on the curious aspects of being a freelancing, working mum in the arts.


Buckle up, it’s a hell of a journey. X





















The Transit towing the Marie Celestial at The Lost Carnival.


No comments:

Post a Comment